I had couple VMs in Parallel lying around on the old storage. Some of these still have a valid Microsoft Windows and Office licences which would mean throwing away good money if I’ve just dumped them.
I managed to figure out how to move these VMs to VMware Workstation on Linux. Here are the requirements and the steps.
Things to note after the conversion
1. The extraction will transmigrate the underlying OS innards to VMware’s. This will trigger reactivation for Microsoft Windows and also Office. Interestingly all I need was to click the reactivation notices (1 for Windows and 1 for Office) and all was done!
1. Able to boot into the Parallels VM (It should be running Windows)
2. Make sure the host storage space is at double the size of the Parallels VM you want to convert.
3. Download VMware Converter from VMware (The current version is 6.2)
1. Boot into your Parallels VM
2. Make a shared folder to the host operating system from Parallels. You will save the new VMware image here.
3. Install VMware Converter
4. Then run VMware Converter as an administrator
5. This screen will be shown. Select Convert Machine
6. Next select “This local machine”. The source type should say “Powered on” since this Parallels instance is powered on.
7. The screen below will pop up. The options look alright. Make sure there is a location where you can save the converted virtual machine to, at the last selection.
Note if C:\ drive is selected, it means the virtual machine will be saved back to the same Parallels instance – this is not what we want.
VMware Converter will chug along, depending on the speed of medium which the virtual machine will be saved to. It took less than 60 mins with a SSD.
Start up the newly created VMware instance on VMware Workstation. Done!
Finally, speculative money can finally take their leave letting the real blockchain stand up/out.
“Will the real blockchain please stand up, please stand up?”
NetTrust Link fined S$150k. This is the 6th fine in 5 years.
So did the previous fines serve as a deterrent?
A good friend brought up Bitcoin statistics from Twitter earlier.
$0-$1k: 1789 days (4.8 years)
$1k-$2k: 1271 days (3.4 years)
$2k-$3k: 23 days
$3k-$4k: 62 days
$4k-$5k: 61 days
$5k-$6k: 8 days
$6k-$7k: 13 days
$7k-$8k: 14 days
$8k-$9k: 9 days
$9k-$10k: 2 days
$10k-$11k: 1 day
$11k-$12k: 6 days
$12k-$13k: 1 day
$13k-$14k: SAME DAY
$14k-$16k: SAME DAY
As of now, Coinbase is rejecting all logins. (502).
Two dates to note: Dec 10 (CBOE BTC futures start trading) and Dec 18 (CME BTC futures).
…4.55GB over a 100 kpbs link. Going to take a while
Mooncake festival falls on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month. It’s now the 17th day as I write, so the festival is officially over.
Baked mooncakes, snowskin mooncakes, yam mooncakes. Cakes and cakes!
Quite frankly, I had a slice of each type and I’m stuffed. No longer the days where I can eat an entire moon cake by myself. (Double yolk, anyone?)
Snow skin mooncakes from Raffles Hotel do not fail to impress buyers with their high quality standards every year, despite prices increasing from $50 to $75 over the last 5 years. Moon cakes with exotic ingredients – Champagne Truffle & Ganache, Chocolate Pearl Truffle goes well with a pot of hot Chinese tea.
Besides the mooncakes, the packaging containing them is unique. Just one glance, you will know it’s from Raffles Hotel. The pure metal square box is a good size and has the 60s look and colour.
After eating those cakes, what else can I do with the metal box? Yep, the cover can be used as a container for small screws and what nots, while I’m mucking around with the soldering iron.