- Safari does not support geolocation over HTTP (no idea why http://localhost/ is considered an issue with Safari).
- W10 Edge supports geolocation over HTTP.
After some experimenting, I discovered Chrome and Brave both support geolocation over HTTP on OSX. Chrome definitely was doing WiFi triangulation because it could return my exact lat/lng whereas Brave was returning the midtown lat/lng coordinates.
Hath the blockchain euphoria finally died a quiet death?
I’ve been saying this to 1. customers, 2. tech friends, 3. lesser tech friends, 4. non-tech friends. Not one believed me apart from the Vandy tech gang (where the real tech people are).
Hope the SG govt didn’t throw in good tax payers $ into this slow database.
Started to look through e27 and techinasia and found this ditty on PropTech. This caught my eye as I was exploring some ideas on buying and selling Singapore property six months ago.
Lets see what techinasia wrote.
“Proptech startup secures $1.47m to improve how agents earn commissions
UrbanAgents, an AI-powered platform that links up home sellers to real estate agents, raised about US$1.47 million in seed investment from FarSight Capital, APAC Realty, and angel investors.”
The target audience are real estate agents… Hmm… Right, I’m sure the home buyer and seller will be very pleased to pay more commission out of their own pockets.
I say good luck to FarSight Capital, APAC Realty and angel investors, and tough luck to all these VCs’ backers.
Thought to share this ditty.
I was not able to send pictures to WhatsApp contacts. Does this have anything to do with the Facebook outage?
As a disgruntled user of oBike, I am trying to get back my $49 deposit which I was then told it was used to purchase additional oBikes instead of being an deposit.
I came across the liquidators page (www.obikedepositholders.com) to process refunds and found it rather suspicious. Is it really coming from oBike’s liquidators?
Hosted off Google forms, I would have to provide:
- NRIC (I didn’t provide a NRIC/Identification Number when signing up. Why would you need this, FTI Con-sulting?)
- Upload Credit Card Statement / PayPal Statement / Proof of Cryptocurrency Transaction (What! Dont you even have this information?)
- Upload Telephone Bill (This is getting ridiculous)
- Upload Student Certification (if applicable) (I could skip this one but why does FTI Con-sulting need this information?)
- Postal Address (I didn’t provide Postal Address, why don’t you just send confirmation to the email address in your records?)
I could have built this page and gullible people would just send their personal particulars in hopes of collecting their deposits (quite frankly, it’s next to nil) If Singapore wants to enforce law and order, the authorities should extradite the founder (currently in China, and rumoured to have used the deposits to enter the cryptocurrency market) and make him pick up every road-clogging oBike as a CWO (Corrective Work Order). Alas, the chance of that happening would be one in a million.
Now, back to FTI Con-sulting. How is FTI Con-sulting managing my personal data? What processes they have in place to address the risk of loss and misuse? Likely zero.
Should I forgo my deposit? Perhaps.